Enhance the Size of Your Breasts
Does the size of your breasts make you self-conscious? If you’re always looking for padding to increase your breast size, maybe it is time to permanently solve the problem – enhance your breast size through breast augmentation surgery! According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, this option was the most requested cosmetic surgery of 2016.
This process involves using breast implants to increase the size of your breasts. It is a great procedure to restore lost volume due to sudden weight loss or pregnancy and can also help with creating breast symmetry.
Types of Implants
There are two types of breast implants: saline implants and silicone implants. These can be round or anatomical and can be smooth or textured. Speak to your practitioner to see which options best suit your goals.
The Augmentation Procedure
Breast augmentation with implants is an invasive surgery, and patients are put under general anesthesia beforehand to avoid discomfort. Incisions are made in inconspicuous areas; your doctor will discuss all the options with you. They usually include the areolar edge, the fold under the breast, and the armpit.
The implant is then placed inside, either over the pectoral muscle or behind the pectoral muscle. This is dependent on the enlargement and the type of implant you choose. The incisions are then closed with skin adhesives, sutures, or surgical tape.
The Recovery Process
After the operation, your breasts are wrapped with gauze and elastic bandages. A support bra may be recommended to minimize swelling and hasten the healing process. You may have to wear the bandage for some time, and the doctor may recommend minimal activity for at least five days. You might experience soreness for a couple of weeks.
Quick Pointers to Remember
• Patients can go back to work in two days after surgery if they desire. Full recovery will take longer, as there will be a degree of swelling and bruising that will gradually fade. If you decide to have the implant behind the muscle instead of on top, this can create a more natural feel, but recovery will be longer.
• An implant can feel similar to your natural breasts, but it will not feel exactly the same.
• To decide on the right breast implant size for you, you can always ask for sizers, which are bead-filled neoprene sacks. You can put them inside your bra and see which size you like the most.
• You can’t go from size A to size DD in one surgery. Set realistic goals that bring better proportion to your entire body and allow your body to adjust to the changes. You can go for a bigger cup size through several procedures over the years.
• You may not be right for breast augmentation surgery if you are obese, have a family history of breast cancer, or are an excessive smoker.
• If you do plan to have children, arrange your surgery for after you have finished breastfeeding them.
The First Step: Your Consultation
Speak with experienced board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Adil Ceydeli during a consultation to fully plan out your breast augmentation procedure. To get started, contact our office and schedule your consultation.