Stronger Cheekbones Can Be Yours
Cheek implants are perfect if you want to add more contour, definition, and volume to your lackluster cheeks. If you have a weak cheek structure, a flat or narrow face, or if you have noticed reduced cheek contours due to aging, then you can benefit from the aesthetic enhancements that a cheek augmentation can offer. The surgery is relatively simple and cost effective, making it an appealing cosmetic solution.
Why Are Cheek Implants an Excellent Option for Cheek Augmentation?
To restore more volume to the midface and to recreate youthful contours, your surgeon might suggest fillers, facial implants, or fat grafting. Let us take a brief look at all three:
• Cheek Implants – Cheek implants are your best option if you want to permanently restore youthfulness to your face. Silicone implants especially are ideal for people who are looking to add considerable volume to their cheeks and lift them up.
• Fat Grafting – Using fat from one part of your body, like the butt or hips, your surgeon can give you plumper, fuller cheeks to restore lost volume. Fat transfer is a convenient option for cheek fullness that lasts for a long time. Liposuction is used to harvest the fat, which is then purified and injected into the cheek area.
• Injectables Fillers – Injectables are easy to administer, and the treatment just take 15 to 20 minutes, which has made fillers a popular cosmetic solution in recent times. However, they are only a temporary solution; their effects wear off in a few months, requiring you to come for more rounds of treatment.
Are You an Ideal Candidate?
You should consider coming in for cheek implants if you:
• Have a weak and receding chin and want to improve the appearance of your facial profile
• Have a weak or undefined jawline that doesn’t frame your face or distinguish your neck
• Want to enhance the fullness and definition of your cheeks
• Want to restore the proportions and contours of your facial structure, especially if your contours have become deficient with age
• Want to correct any facial deformities caused by an injury or a congenital condition
Your surgeon will first make markings on your face to designate the area where the implants need to be placed. A general anesthetic or a local anesthetic with anesthesia will then be administered.
The surgeon will make small incisions near where the implants will be placed. He will then make a pocket in the facial tissue to insert the implant. The implant is inserted with the help of a sterilized clamp. Once both implants are inserted, the incisions will be closed using medical sutures.
Once the surgery is complete, you will be taken to the recovery area, where you will have to stay until the anesthesia wears off. The surgeon will then prescribe painkillers to help you with the discomfort. It will be important to arrange for a friend or family member to drive you home after the surgery, as driving yourself home would be unsafe.
Get In Contact with Our Office
Contact us today if you would like to schedule your cheek augmentation consultation. Double-board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Adil Ceydeli is an experienced medical professional serving the Panama City region.