Thighplasty Is an Effective Contouring Option
Sudden weight loss can have a negative effect on the body’s natural figure. After dramatic weight loss, the skin often cannot shrink and conform to the new body shape, leading to sagging skin and tissues. Sagging skin hanging from the thighs can make people self-conscious and uncomfortable about their looks. To correct this, plastic surgeons can perform a thigh lift procedure.
What Is a Thigh Lift?
This type of surgery removes excess tissues and skin on the thighs. It helps you get back your body proportions, which may have become imbalanced due to drooping skin and excess fat. It’s quite effective for sagging skin, but if you have a significant amount of excess fat in your thighs, liposuction may be a better choice for correction.
Who Can Opt for a Thigh Lift?
• Anyone whose weight is stable or has stabilized after dramatic weight loss. If your weight loss was very recent, the doctor might keep a check on your weight before opting for the surgery.
• A non-smoker
• Anyone who is physically healthy and has no healing issues
• Those who have excess tissue in the medial (inner) thigh region or lateral (outer) thigh region
The incisions created for the thigh lift are chosen based on the area that is to be treated. Medial thigh lifts and lateral thigh lifts may be options – the procedure will be dependent on your conversation with your doctor during your consultation.
After the excess tissue is removed, incisions are closed using stitches. Patients can return home the same day to begin the healing process from the procedure.
The effects of the surgery are visible almost immediately. However, the optimal results are seen only after swelling has fully ameliorated and the areas have healed completely in a couple of months. The skin will feel smoother; you can feel the improvement in the skin quality.
Points to Remember
• You must be committed to leading a healthy lifestyle if you want to maintain the look that you gain post-surgery.
• Set your expectations as realistically as possible. Speak to the doctor to find out exactly what results to expect, how much of a difference you will be able to observe, and more.
• Thighplasty is a major surgery, so before opting for it, get a clear understanding of how much time you will need to recover. This will include the amount of time you’ll need to take off from work. You should also find out when you can resume normal activities and physically strenuous activities.
• Find out the possible issues you might experience after surgery as part of your healing process. Feeling numb at the area of surgery may last for some time, and there will also be a degree of bruising and swelling.
• The effect of the surgery is long-lasting, provided proper health, exercise, and diet are maintained.
Make an Appointment for a Consultation
To give your thighs a beautiful new look, contact our office and set up a consultation. During your consultation, you’ll meet with Dr. Adil Ceydeli, a skilled board-certified plastic surgeon with years of experience. Dr. Ceydeli is well-respected and knows a great deal when it comes to body-contouring procedures.